Monday, September 06, 2004

Riding for the Disabled Association

This is Betsy typing to all of you. I would like to express a heartfelt thank you to all who have been praying for God's guidance in my life here in Singapore. He has answered in a very unexpected way. One of the parents at the International Community School found out that I enjoy working with horses. She gave me contact information for the Riding for the Disabled Association of Sinapore (RDA). This organization uses horses to assist in physical therapy sessions for people with various disabilities. They are always in need of volunteers to lead the horses and walk with the students, assisting them as they balance and perform activities on the horses. I have never worked with the disabled community before, but I see this as a great opportunity to learn and to be a testimony. I went through a 2 hour training session on Monday, September 6th. There I learned the intricate techniques needed to safely guide horses and students around the arena. My volunteer sessions will begin next week. I will be volunteering on Thursdays and Fridays. Horses have always had a special place in my heart and I am so humbled that God is allowing me to be a part of this great organization.

No comments: