Monday, October 18, 2004

Christmas Season, from Betsy

I'm sure many of you are gearing up for the Christmas season. The weather may even be turning a bit colder there. I suddenly realized the Christmas is just around the corner when a friend invited me to go Christmas shopping. I'm used to the weather changing into winter to give me warning that Christmas is coming. So I'm finding it sneaking up on me because the weather is still "summer" here.

On that note, I would like to share an opportunity God has given me to minister in our church. One of my new friends at the church approached me about leading a ladies singing ensemble that would perform at the Christmas Service in December. After much prayer and consideration (with the disclaimer that I've never ever lead a singing group before) I agreed. Our practices will begin in November and will be every Saturday until Christmas. Please pray for all of us as we seek to glorify God with our voices.

No comments: