Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving & Basketball

I, Betsy, get the great honor of telling you all about our Thanksgiving this year. Some friends, named the Cochrums, invited us to their home for the traditonal Thanksgiving meal and fellowship. I made my grandmother's cornbread, enjoyed by all, and Ann had a full spread of all the usual fare. We dressed up for the occasion, and walked down the hill to the MRT (train) to make the 1:00 afternoon meeting time. We've walked that path hundreds of times and never had a problem, ever. I was behind Danny and taking my time when I suddenly felt something hard smack my left shoulder. I figured it was a seed pod from the overhanging trees. Boy was I wrong. I looked back to observe the telltale white of bird droppings. Of all the days this would be the one in which my walking path would intersect with the falling path of a much relieved bird. Good grief!! But it made our somewhat late entrance to the Cochrum home more humerous, that is for sure!! Luckily I put a towel around the cornbread container to keep it warm. I little knew that it was really for cleaning bird doo off my nice clothes. It made for a memorable Thanksgiving. The Cochrum kids had invited some Korean friends to share this American holiday with us. The two boys enjoyed the whole meal and Danny had a great time playing all sorts of games with the kids. Ann and I spent time talking with her husband, Ken, about the end times and the book of Joel we have been studying in our Bible study.

I had another appointment with my doctor today. The baby is quite healthy and growing well. The heartbeat sounds great and all seems well!! Praise God!!! We only have about 3 months left. It goes so fast!!!!

Danny speaking now:
This weekend was also the finals for our basketball teams. We were excited to have two of the three teams reach the championship game. The girls team and the U16 boys team both were able to play on Saturday. The boys played first against the German International School. The game started out tough, but in the second quarter our boys shot 73% (only missing 3 shots) and blew the game open. The final score was 63-32. The girls game followed and was a much closer game, but through a good defensive game, the girls were also able to win the game and the school's first championship! It was a fun time for all involved!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Happy tails to you!!