Monday, November 13, 2006

A date

We thought we would share with you a narrative of our date on Saturday to give you a picture of our everyday life that we often take for granted.

Last Saturday we had the opportunity to go disc golfing, a new acquaintance has a set of portable baskets that he sets up occasionally at a local park. He was planning to set them up this Saturday. We were able to arrange for a friend from church to watch Aaron while we went out. So, we started our date at about 12:45 when we loaded up Aaron and his diaper bag and headed to catch bus 855. After about a 15-minute ride we got off and walked the final 10 minutes to Isadora's house (on the 12th floor of her apartment building). By this time, the rain was coming down rather hard, so we got directions to the subway (MRT). We got on bus 63 and rode for another 15-minutes to Tiong Bahru shopping center where we had lunch (Betsy had KFC, Danny had Char Siew Roasted Pork). Next we went downstairs to get onto the East-West line MRT. Three stops later we transferred to the North-South line and rode to the end of the line, Marina Bay. To get to the park we needed to catch a bus, unfortunately I directed us onto the 402 instead of the 400. It was now a little after 3:00. We reached the end of the line for the 402, so we got out and walked back toward the park. The rain was starting to let up now and we were hoping that the disc golf hadn't been canceled, I sent an SMS (text message) to our friend and found out that it had indeed been canceled.

Our friends were still watching Aaron, so we decided to head back toward VivoCity (the new mall near our home). After walking for a while we were able to get onto the 400 to return to the MRT. We rode the North-South line for 1 stop, transferred to the East-West line for 2 stops, then transferred again to the North-East line and rode for one more stop to arrive at HarbourFront. We walked out to the dock to see the MV Doulos which is in port. The Doulos is an international ministry ship that travels around to different ports with a huge bookstore, it also does missions with churches. We went on board and found a bunch of books for Aaron for Christmas. Now it was dinnertime so we went to Subway for dinner. 5:30 now and time to go get Aaron, so we got on bus 855 again. 20-minutes later we had another 10-minute walk to get Aaron. Now we only had to return to the bus stop, catch the 855 again, and we were home! Unfortunately it was a 20 minute wait for the 855 this time and we arrived home at about 7:30. It was a crazy day, but it was fun, and all in a day in Singapore!

1 comment:

Cherie said...

I love my car...........