Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Staff Orientation & a New Year

School has now been in session for seven days.  We have had a good start to the year.  I am starting to get adjusted to my class schedule, and am enjoying meeting and getting to know my new students.  This year is a bit more difficult than the past couple of years because I am teaching classes that I haven't taught recently.  But, I am looking forward to rising to the challenge and relying upon God to help me through!

The pictures today are from a recent staff bonding trip to Sentosa (a small island off the coast of Singapore with a few different tourist attractions).  While there we took part in an race through many of the attractions.  It was a lot of fun and allowed us a chance to see some of the things that we don't normally see and to learn a little about Singapore history.

One stop was in Images of Singapore.  This attraction has a bunch of wax figures depicting scenes from the history and life of Singapore.  Here are four pictures showing weddings from different cultures.
 
  
  
  
 
Next stop, the insect garden.  We got bonus points for this picture!  (Our fearless art teacher Sharon.)
  
Here is a picture of my team.  We had a lot of fun.  We were first to finish the race, but missed some of the points and received third place. 
  
Here is the view from the top of the island.  You can see the beaches, and in the background you can see the ships in the harbor.  It is always amazing to me how close these huge ships are to the beaches! 
  
  
 
Thanks again for all your love and support.
Danny, Betsy, & Aaron

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey danny i think i recognize a couple of those wedding pictures same type of deal here on Sulawesi

hey if you get a chance shoot me an e-mail my address is lonnie@ospreyindonesia.com or erinkliles@hotmail.com

How is your dad doing I didn't get a chance to see him when i was back in the states this last year

take it easy

Lonnie