Monday, April 25, 2005

Sad Day

We had a couple of very sad days at the RDA last week. One of the horses stopped eating and drinking last Thursday. He had to be put down on Friday. His name was Kublai and he was only 13 years old. The stable master thought he must have hit his head in the stall and the blow affected his brain. He simply lost control over his body slowly over time. I said goodbye to him on Thursday before I left. Friday morning he fell down and never got back up. We had sessions to do so some of the staff put a tarp up to cover his stall. The children never even knew what was going on. Later I asked one of the staff how she was doing. Her response was, "The worst is over." That was how I felt. At least he wasn't suffering anymore. Please pray as I seek to minister to the people who care for the horses. They were the most affected.

No comments: