Monday, May 09, 2005

Answered Prayer

I (Betsy) have been learning so much lately in a Bible Study I attend every Wednesday morning. The big challenge God set before me was to learn to fear Him, as talked about in Kings. We have been studying the period in history when Israel splits into the northern and southern kingdoms of Israel and Judah. Some of the kings did not fear the Lord and faced serious consequences. I want to abide in Him and fear Him but cannot do either without Him. Because of my desire to constantly be aware of God (fearing Him), one of my many prayers lately has been that my countenance and attitude constantly reflect Jesus to all the lost around me. God gave me the answer, "you are," in a most amazing way.

One of my friends that volunteers at the RDA told me last Thursday, "I can see Jesus in you!" He went on to mention that he had known many Christians, but none like me. He asked me if I knew for sure that I would be going to Heaven when I die simply because I believed it was true. I emphatically answered, "YES!" He said, "See, you know it!" He also talked about his not knowing and finding out when he died. I didn't get a chance to talk to him about it at the time. Please be praying for a divine appointment this Thursday. I want God to speak to my friend. I want him to start a relationship with the Almighty, one true God!! Praise and Glory be to the only God of the universe and His great work here!!!!!!

No comments: