Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A New Year Begins

Well, two days of school have now passed. So far the year has been great.

My schedule this year is:
  1. Prep Period - It's nice having this first thing to kind of get settled for the day.
  2. Algebra 1 - This is an 8th grade class, with a couple of 9th and 10th graders. I'm looking forward to teaching middle school again this year. 18 students.
  3. Calculus - This class doubled in size to 8 this year. I'm looking forward to teaching it again and improving upon last year!
  4. PreCalculus - 16 students this year (up from 11). Again, it will be nice to improve on my teaching last year.
  5. Computer Applications - This is a 9th grade class with 14 students right now. I really enjoy teaching the computer classes as they provide a different atmosphere than the Math classes and the students tend to enjoy them more.
  6. Elementary Computers - This is my scariest class! I am teaching each grade from K-6 once a week. Most of them I'm not too worried about, Thursday scares me though!
    1. Monday = 2nd & 3rd, 19 students
    2. Tuesday = 5th, 15 students
    3. Wednesday = 4th, 16 students
    4. Thursday = K-1st, 23 students - This is the one I am most dreading, not sure what I'm going to teach, or how I'm going to keep them under control for 50 minutes! Pray for me.
    5. Friday = 6th, 17 students
  7. MultiMedia - 9 students. This should be a fun class, hopefully will learn a lot about the students as they create many different projects.
All-in-all I really like my schedule, and I'm excited to see how God works in my classes this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a few weeks ahead of me! I went to school yesterday and will be helping with a couple of small projects this week, then gone to Yellowstone next week, then teacher workweek following. I'm trying to get mentally prepared! You're Thursday class does sound scary with that many little ones for a lenghthy time period - do you have help? Would think that would be necessary at least until they get some basics down to start doing programs. God bless - 'Grandpa' Jim