Monday, September 06, 2004

Chess Club

Today I started the chess club at the school. I'm looking forward to it as most of the kids in the club are middle schoolers, and I don't have any of them during the normal school day. Today was just a time to get to know them a little and play some games. As we meet throughout the week we will do more learning times. One of the great opportunities that we have here is that one of the high school students is a champion player (I think he actually won the Singapore national championship!) He is hoping to actually run the club and teach the kids some of the important aspects of the game. I think this could be a really good thing, and I'll be able to learn from him too!

Pray that Ino will be able to teach as he wants and that through this time God will use me to impact these kids' lives!

No comments: