Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year one and all!

Just thought I would add my own little notes as well, Christmas break is going wonderfully, hard to believe it is already 2006! We've now been in Singapore for 18 months. We are enjoying ourselves here and getting used to the heat and humidity.

This week we are playing host to a couple from Portland that is now doing work with SIL in Jakarta, Indonesia. They have a little 7 month old baby and it has been fun to get a little glimpse of our life over the next year!

School is going well, hard to believe I'm halfway through my second year here. My elementary classes have been tons of fun, I enjoy working with the kids and their excitement for just about anything! My math classes are also going well, it is nice having a year under my belt in teaching the Calculus and PreCalculus as I hadn't taught them before coming here. Right now I'm preparing for a computer programming class (in Python if you care) that starts up for the second semester, I'm looking forward to that, it is one of my favorite classes to teach.

The school itself is doing well, we continue to grow and are looking for a way to move to a new campus where we can grow more. Pray for continued growth and continued wisdom in seeking out a new location.

Read on to get Betsy's update on Aaron.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey just wanted to say hi and I'll be praying for you guys, it's good to hear that the baby is well. maybe send some of that heat my way.

Jason

Anonymous said...

I WANNA BE IN THE CLASSSS :(

*sniff*

I miss singapore :(